Monday, June 9, 2008

You weren't that for me

So this is my first "entry" or whatever you choose to call it into this thing. I'm not sure exaclty how I'm going to use this, but I figure it's a new outlet that I'll be needing this summer.

Today was just too hot to handle. After recovering from being compltely dehydrated, I hopped on AIM to find that everytime I opened the window for my buddy list, strange 80's music started to play loudly. It really creeped me out. I called Kevin in hopes that his genius tech-savy mind would be able to fix my problem, but he really only laughed at me. It wasn't till about a half hour ago that I realized I hit the radio button on the bottom of my buddy list which was preset to awful 1980's one hit wonders.

This weeks going to be difficult. With the return of the one person in this world that I can't face, I feel like I'm going to lose my best friend. It makes everything so difficult, especially trusting her. I don't think she fully grasps why it hurts me so much. Sure, these issues are a years old burden but I cannot help how angry it makes me feel. It's funny how I try to pretend like she'll choose her best friend over him, but I should really know better.

It should be an interesting 9 days. I feel like the only people I'm truly comfortable telling everything to are Kevin and Lacey. Kevin gives me advice whether I'm going to like it or not because I think he's more interested in whats best for me rather than just telling me what I want to hear. Lacey is just 100% there for me and just really knows how to look at a situation. She's been through enough I think to kind of say "Hey, keep your chin up and you'll see...". She's just been so supportive of what I go through and sort of helps me ease the pressure of things even if it's with a stupid joke about the situation. Both two amazing people I'm just ever so thankful for lately.


It's true- when you need someone the most,
the people that truly care will be there while others run scared.

No comments: