Thursday, June 19, 2008

Best Friends For Never

I've been anticipating this entry for about 9 days now, perhaps a bit longer. After just seeing Sex and the City with Meg tonight, I feel like this is what I have to say.

When you trust someone with every secret and every insecurity you possess, you're giving a piece of yourself to someone else. When you give up those pieces, you're leaving room for vulnerability to make itself at home. That's all okay though, because they're suppose to be there to protect you. I think that's what a friend is for; to be that shoulder or hand up when you're in need, someone to talk to about nothings and absolutely everything.

I have love for friends, family, and love for one, but I've learned now that any sort of love can blind you. Against my better judgement and gut feeling I gave in because I knew as a friend I had to put aside my grudges, no matter how deserved they may be, and support you AND your heart. In letting my guard down for you, I let you walk all over me not once, but twice.

If there was ever someone out there to hurt me in ways I can't put into words, one person that I would be pleased to never hear from again, that person is who you choose. You listened to me for years. You cried through it all with me. I've let those ties go and never looked back until you through it in my face. Round two? This one goes to you.

One thing about this movie that will stick with me is how important the phrase "I'm Sorry" can be. No matter how guilty someone is or how terrible something was, an "I'm Sorry" doesn't always mean something, but sometimes it means everything. Last time around this one I had to ask for an apology. I never really even got one. I let you back in as if nothing happened and I listened to everything you had to say.

I don't think I have anything left to say really... Dropout Year can probably cover the rest of it.

"don't initiate a conversation that instigates a confrontation. i've found a new best friend in hatred that says that it's too damn late to save this. you're so good at making bad decisions, but even better at burning bridges. knowing everything that i know now, i'd never put the fire out. i'd rather watch you choke on the smoke from the flames until i know that only ashes remain. words fell short as your lies grew stronger and through it all i always loved her. when you think things are getting better, remember we're best friends for never. because of this i'm so much stronger. it took a while but i moved on, so when you think things are getting better, remember we're best friends for never.when i gave an inch you'd take the mile. if i gave it, you'd take it. you claim to be the story and that's all you'll ever be - just a page in your own diary, that ain't that great to read."

No comments: